My Banana bread is a show stopper in the taste department particularly with the kids. Here’s the scoop: Bananas are full of Potassium and B6 and a good source of fibre – Yeah bring it!
200g Ground Almonds
100g Coconut Flour
185g Goat Butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt (I used Himalayan)
1/2 Juice of lemon
1/2tsp Vitimin C powder
2tsp Bicarb of Soda
3 Ripe Bananas
50g dried dates (juicy kind)
3 Free Range Eggs, beaten
1 Tblsp mild tasting Honey
100g Walnut pieces
Super easy to make heres how:
Pre-heat the oven 160C
1) Mash the nanas:
2) Soften the dates in a splash of water over a low heat about 10 mins – allow to cool.
3) Blitz in the food processor:
2) Melt the Goat butter:
3) Combine the Ground Almonds, Coconut Flour, Vitamin C, Salt, beaten eggs in a mixing bowl.
4) Add the mashed bananas, Date paste, melted Goat butter, and honey and stir throughly.
5) Add the lemon juice and finally the Bicarbonate of Soda – fold it in.
6) Finally fold in the walnut pieces
– leaving a few extra to scatter on top before it goes in the oven. I baked it for about 45 mins 160C. Allow it to cool completely before removing it from the tin.
TOP TIP: I used a 2lb tin which I lined with Bac’O’Glide awesome stuff you can re-use it and bung it in the dishwasher afterwards!